/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Vonage

So we got hooked up to vonage last night. Does anyone else use Vonage? It's pretty nifty, but sometimes it cuts out both the phone AND the internet.
The light on the motorola phone adapter blinks four times which according to the user manual it means that it is "Registering with your VoIP provider server". Now what I want to know is, if this is a regular occurence using Vonage, or if it's because it's a new account/set up if it just needs 24 hours to completely set up and calibrate?
Anyone who knows anything about this..wanna leave me a comment..as you can see it is working right now..but it sometimes cut's out for maybe 5 minutes or less, then it goes back on and works perfectly.

I was having a nice conversation with my mother in law last night (well actually making fun of her dorky son that I married haha) and all of a sudden my phone line died. *GASP* I had hoped she didn't think I just hung up on her..but well the connection started back up and we called her to let her know what happened. Same thing happened later when I was yacking to a friend back home...but that time it didn't reconnect for almost an hour.

So right now I'm not too happy with this whole Vonage thing...I might forgive it if it keeps being nice and stays connected.

2 comment(s):

The Technology reporter from one of our Motown papers kept his service for two weeks and dropped it. He had exactly the same expereince. It would cut out for no apparent reason. Plus the calls were frequently loaded is static and other noise. In his view, it was a total waste of money.

Personally, I have only my Verizon cellular service, no land line. I have a cable modem for internet that is "usually" reliable and I have Direct TV HDTV. Direct TV is fantastic!!! An occasional loss of signal as a thunderstorm approaces, but it never lasts for more than a minute or two. My neighbors on cable have constant outages and picture quality issues.

HUGGSS!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 12:40 p.m.  

I guess their theme song is better than their actual service, heh. "Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo!"

By Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl, at 11:20 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home