/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Do I Really Need A Title?

Remember in my last post I said something about dropping everything and just taking off somewhere?
Well tonight I've just been thinking of all the things I daydream about. Some of the things I think of are downright nutty, stupid, good, sometimes violent (normally I visualise beating the crap out of someone I'm angry with..haha), or just downright normal.

When I was 16 I was lucky enough to take a family trip to San Andres Island. It's part of Colombia, but it's off the coast of Nicaragua. I had the best time ever on that trip. The locals I met were great people, and I spent a lot of time with them.
There were a bunch of people who would roam up and down the beaches braiding peoples hair for $20 per person. I got my hair braided, and god did it ever look awful. I don't have the proper head shape to pull it off.
So back my the daydream part of this post. Ever since going on that trip one of my most favourite daydreams is where I just hop on a plane to some tropical destination, live in a little shack not far from a beach, and to make my living I'll just braid a shit load of hair.

Another daydream, or perhaps just a life dream of mine is to have a career in the travel and tourism industry. I love to travel, and to become a Destination Representative for those big vacation companies such as Air Transat Holidays, Sunquest Vacations etc, has been on my Dream Job list since my early teens.
Lately I've been thinking of this dream an awful lot. Problem is, I'm not a very academic person. I HATE being stuck in classes, which is why I still haven't got my high school diploma. Yeah, now I feel like an even bigger loser eh. But back to lately. I was checking out the course guide for the Independent Learning Centre, and it made me realize that I'm just stupid for not putting myself through a bit of hell for a year or two just to finally graduate high school.
I can do those courses through correspondence, which means I won't be stuck in classes, and I can work on each course at my own pace.

Basically I'm just so sick and tired of working in minimum wage jobs (even though I do like my current job), not making enough to get what I want out of life. As a Vacation Rep, not only would I get decent wages, but it means that travelling all over the world would be part of my job.
The sad part is, because of all the current wars and bullshit going on in this world, that the travel and tourism industry might not be all that stable...then again, who knows. I'm crazy enough that I would travel to Mexico right now in spite of all the troubles that Canadian tourists are having there (random shootings and so on), so maybe other people would travel in spite of these problems as well.
I'm just considering all the things I want to be when I grow up. Haha! I once wanted to be a top hairstylist just like my brother, but I have no patience to kiss rich bitches asses, or deal with the stupidity of some celebrities. Another of my dream jobs is to be a driver, specifically a truck driver. I LOVE to drive, so what better way to make money than to do something I like doing?

See, I'm in a bit of a reflective mood tonight (uh-huh what else is new), and these are just some of the things going through my mind.

What are some of your dreams, what do you want out of life?

4 comment(s):

Nothing wrong with wanting to be a truck driver. That was one of my dreams too. Only I made it a reality. In the early 80's I went to school to learn. It was one of the best decisions of my life. I graduated with honors. But I never drove for a company because back then women were not considered a good choice to drive the big rigs. So I chose to sit behind a desk of a trucking company. My loss.
I say, go for it.

By Blogger Cheyenne, at 2:12 p.m.  

Trucking is a great way to make a living and see large parts of the country at the same time. I drove for a short time in 2000 and had a night job as a short-haul trucker in the mid-70s.

Maybe start out small and do Limo or Livery service to see if you really like it. It's a great stepping stone to big rigs.

BTW: There are days I would like to beat the shit out of something (or someone), just to get it out of my system. . .

Love ya, EH?

HUGGSS!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 7:29 p.m.  

I think being a truck driver would be so cool...but I hope you're a better one than the ones on the highway today...jeez..they are over worked, and all in need of sleep..and mostly wired on speed to keep awake..plum scary..
I want to be a super hero when I grow up...'wonder mother.'...or wonder granny..

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 11:29 p.m.  

Was a while since you've been "stuck" in a classroom tho...what we hated then can be vastly different now that you have had a few years out of school under yer belt. But by correspondence sounds a goer girlie.

My sister once worked as a long haul truckies offsider...she loved it.

Not wanting to sound a shitload of corny but, go fer it, reach fer them dreams. Now's the time to be doing it, before you know it you'll be in yer forties and maybe not able to do so because of various commitments.

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 5:57 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home