/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I've Got lots of Cheese to go with My Whine

Do you ever wish you could just drop what you're doing, pack a suitcase and just drive to some random town, city, province (or state) and just start over?

Sometimes I just wish I didn't know anyone, or have any ties to this town, or people from my past. I just want to drop what I'm doing and get in my car and drive to the most random town, city, province (or state), and stay there.
It's actually something I crave on a daily basis, and yet I just can't let myself do it.
What is stopping me? I have no debt, I don't have any children, or animals that I am responsible for (though I sure would miss seeing Coco, and Pugsy).
I think what is making me stay in this town and try to be stable is the fact that I'm still married. And even though we're separated (literally - as in two different countries), and we're at that point where we're about to tell each other to fuck off.

When we got married I was so optimistic and happy about the way my life was going. I wonder if I went into it with too many expectations. I am horrible for that. I had expectations, and assumed that everything was going to be a bowl of cute lil rosy red cherries. Boy was I ever wrong.
I know that all relationships have problems. I understand that, and I put aside my anger, and upset whenever he would do something stupid, get pissed off at me for no reason, or just generally make me feel like shit. I did that just so that I wouldn't become one of those whiny, or bitchy for no reason, nag type of woman. Finally it turned me into what I never wanted to be.

I still don't understand it all, and probably never will. I have thought about things until my head felt like it was going to burst. I would just like to know how to get past this without compromising myself, and what I stand for.

4 comment(s):

hmm...the only thing I can tell you is that it will pass and you will get past it. I am sure how to tell you to do it, it just happens. You can't dwell on the past because it will eat you alive. You have to just put it on the back burner and try to keep yourself thinking about other things. Slowly it will fade and one day you will realise that you don't think about it anymore.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 a.m.  

hey...your back....good to see your still blogging along..

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 11:16 p.m.  

I only feel that way on days that end with "Y". . .

Any time you need a break, just head to the border. . . My door is always open. . .

Love ya!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 2:29 p.m.  

Good post.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home