/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Doesn't take much to make me happy does it?

How did I get so damned lucky?
First my trip to the south in April...and now in a few weeks I'm going further south. YIPPEE!
Seriously..I love being in the south. I belong there for sure. I love the people. the way they talk..and they damned well know how to make some good sweet tea!

My husband hasn't been down to see his mom and other relatives since the spring of 2004. If I wasn't in the picture he'd have been making the trip to Florida at least once, if not twice a year to see everyone. I have met his mom, and one of his sisters from down there the day we got married. They showed up at dinner time to surprise the hell out of us. I have to say, my mother in law is the best. She's not one of those scary beasts that most women have to deal with as MIL's..but see it's reversed..my mother is the scary beast that my husband has to deal with (oh believe me, I do feel his pain).
My mom likes to stick her nose is our business and play stupid silly games and guilt trips, his mom does not...that's one of the big things.

So I'm really excited about this trip! The furthest south I've been in the U.S. was the northernmost part of Mississippi, not to mention I have never actually travelled anywhere with Mr Dork, and it should be fun. I like tunes while driving, so does he. The trip in April with the two ol ladies wasn't boring, but while on the road..no good tunes. No loud tunes..grrr!
I just hope we don't get into a bunch of stupid retarded fights over small things, heh..no I know that'll happen, but I won't let it get to me. I'll be too busy snapping silly pics to be bothered with him. Hahaha!

Well I've really gotta get my butt in gear and get some stuff done around here. We went for breakfast and I came home and totally passed out on the couch for the day. So Happy saturday, and party hard (or not)!

5 comment(s):

unless reading while driving makes you sick...take a book along..and maybe your own little cd player with head phones..that and lots of whiskey...
have fun....

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 7:49 p.m.  

Heh, don't worry..we're going fully stocked. Two coolers full of ice n beer in case we stopover for the night in a place that happens to be in a dry county.

By Blogger Donna, at 8:17 p.m.  

You wanna kick my weather pixie's ass? Cool!

I have to be careful what I do to BB boy. All he has to do is mess up one more time and he's outta here per the apartment manager. It's only a matter of time. I don't want to be the one getting kicked out. I wait patiently. Okay, scatch the paticence thing because I don't think I can even spell it right.

By Blogger Cassandra, at 2:02 a.m.  

Moi? Think Stikky Likky's is something dirty? hehehe

Oh gawd, Apos would have a hay day with that one.

By Blogger Cassandra, at 3:39 p.m.  

I thought I had a Stikky Likky once until you explained. . . DAMN!!

I don't recall the exact exit on I-75, but there is a dry county just south of Knoxville. I learned that the hard way after I checked into the hotel for the night. I had to backtrack 20 miles to get a six pack. . . I think it was near Athens. . . . I'm sure Denise would know, since it's not too far from her. . . They should post that information on the freeway. . . "Last chance to buy booze for 20 miles". . . . LOL!!

HUGGSS!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 8:49 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home