/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I feel much better now.

It's a happy, somewhat sad day for me.
Now I don't normally talk about my marriage, or personal details of my life, but this is something that's not super scary or whatever.

I gave up my whole life back home in Canada to move here to the U.S. and get married. This is the longest time I've been away from home (my true home, and it will always be that). He didn't want to move up to where I was either. We kept putting off trying to make me a legal resident of this country, and by now I am sick of it.

I can't work, and i refuse to take a job illegally. I do not ever want to fuck up my chances of becoming a legal resident of this country.

I'm getting cranky, I'm feeling useless, well to be honest I feel as if I'm going insane. It is putting a huge strain on Mr. Dork, and I as a couple.

For the longest time my thoughts have been consumed with going back to Canada, so that I can work, and get everything immigration oriented dealt with up there.
I've finally made my decision. I'm going back after the weekend. I wanted to be there to celebrate Canada Day with my family, but I have too much stuff to do around here, plus I want to celebrate the 4th of July with my husband and his family. Who knows when I will see them again.

He's not happy about me going back, but he wants me to be happy so he's standing behind me 100% in this. Not to mention, since I can't work here I am a huge financial strain on him. We just can't seem to get ahead, and stay there.

I'm at a point of my life that I'm not completely sure of myself, of what I want out of life, so I feel going back, and doing my own thing will help me figure things out. Also it will help him live stress free as I won't be here being a total twat a lot of times, over stupid shit, out of boredom, anger, and just feeling all fucked up.

So that is why I'm feeling happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy to see my home again, the lake, all the people I know from there, my family, and my dogs..oh Coco and Pugsy are gonna go nuts when they see me.
But
I'm sad because I have to, for the second time in my life just leave everything, and everyone behind. All I can say is thankfully we don't have children. We do have the kitties, but I know he will take good care of them.

8 comment(s):

Well, I'm not gonna OTT this.
You are a brave woman!!!

Do what you gotta do for you. And I can see how this can be both happy and sad for you. I hope you can stay in touch via your blog! Ah shit, now I'm gonna get teary-eyed for you!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 11:16 a.m.  

Not many can be that honest about themselves and their life. You are a very strong and smart woman.

By Blogger Robin, at 1:38 p.m.  

I can only imagine what it must be like to live so far away from your family & friends. I don't think I would have been able to do it as long as you have.

With some time away you will be able to make the right decision.

Good luck and be safe :)

By Blogger Quitter, at 1:53 p.m.  

so glad you are working at making yourself happy...i know this will be hard..but if it was easy it wouldnt have such great results...just dont let us lose you...please keep in touch...you have my email address, keep in touch that way too...your friend jackie

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 3:00 p.m.  

I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I am a legal resident of Sweden however, finding a job is next to immposible since I don't speak the language very well. It is hard for those who do speak the language to find jobs. The market just isn't very good here. I am a huge finacial strain on TBS. We too can't get ahead. I wish I had the option of going back to work but I don't. I am glad Mr. Dork (lol) is behind you on this. It will all work out in the end. You have to do whatever you can to make it work and to be happy and do it legally so there are no chances of getting trouble.

Good luck!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:20 p.m.  

Donna, I really feel for you. I know this is such a difficult thing to do.

I hate the fact that people trying to imigrate here legally get put through the wringer, while the illegals may be "forgiven". The logic escapes me.

Please know that I am always here for you, just like all the other residents here at the Blogville Asylum. . . We love you young lady. . .

HUGGSS!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 9:02 p.m.  

how long have you been in the US Dorki?

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 7:39 a.m.  

Good luck... Stay strong and it will all come out right in the end.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home