/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Monday, June 26, 2006

Oooh I was so scared. NOT!

Alrighty,
Well after reading a post on someone elses blog, I was reminded of something.

There are just way too many fuckin' freaks in this world.

I worked for a cable company as customer service, telemarketing and various other little things.
This one day I had to call up current customers and find out what problems, if any they were having with the service.

So I dialled the phone number, it rang maybe three times, and a man answered the phone.
I said "Hi this is Donna from ______ Cable, this is just a courtesy call. May I speak to Mrs. Blah Blah?"

The dude on the other end was really quiet, I figured he was just passing the phone on to his wife, or whoever it was.
Finally the guy said something..something along the lines of "Who the fuck is this, and why are you calling...you rotten scumbag bitch?"

I got all freaked out, and I explained to him who I was again, and he starts freaking out on me. Told me he was going to find out where I was calling from, come and rip me to pieces etc. Yeah, well I wasn't too worried since the calls were blocked, recorded and all that good stuff.

Turns out his mother had died like 6 months previously and her dumbshit son never thought to call the cable company and either cancel her service or update the files.

Gawd I hate people who fly off the handle like that. Send that dude to the loony bin please!

5 comment(s):

Hi Donna! Gawd, I can see how awful that would be to have somebody just start screaming and accusing you! I used to work at a funeral home/cemetery, and they put me on cold calls. I'd get stuff like that, call some number they gave me, to see if the family was interested in buying an adjoining lot or a flower plan to automatically put a bouquet on the grave, only to find out the person I was asking for was already dead!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you don't run into any crazies today! LOL

By Blogger Marti, at 1:48 p.m.  

What? I can't whack the planet? hehehe...
I made a confession on my NASCAR blog that I think you should know about.

By Blogger Cassandra, at 7:11 a.m.  

Hehehehe....sounds like someting I would say. I feel sorry for anyone who calls me (except for people I actually GIVE my number to). They suffer the wrath of whatever mood I'm in that day and lately...it ain't been purty. Whoo-Hoo! Fun times.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 a.m.  

LMAO!! That post was so hard to do without making myself ill. I had to do it in pieces cause it really did make me sick to my stomach!
Unlike people leaving comments about Ur ine Texas... LOL!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 10:35 a.m.  

i at least find out what the person wants on line before i go psycho...if it's a curtesy call..i answer all questions and thats that..but if it is one of those we're selling time shares to a cabin in the mountains..i go redneck on them...
my little castle has been invaded by the enemy

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 2:58 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home