/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Friday, July 28, 2006

Another Vacation post

Well, hello there folks. :)

So I'm skipping all the boring bullshit from the trip now. After the redneck crab boil there really wasn't much more fun except for the day we actually went swimming at the beach.

Well we didn't exactly go to the main beach..but it was around just starting into the bay at the Destin bridge. Man the water was so calm, clear, and beautiful. I got right in..OH MAN HEAVEN! It felt like stepping into a bath...the water was that warm! It would have been nice if it was just a little bit cooler..but ah well I loved it anyways.

I'm swimming around, having a blast and Mr Dork says "Hey look at that hermit crab." So I freak out thinking it's gonna get me. He laughs at me and shows me one so I can see how small it is. I start walking around in the shallow water hunting down hermit crabs, picking them up and examining them. There was one I came across that was HUGE compared to the other ones. It was just way too cool.

We'd had enough swimming..so we took off. He drove around another part of town to show me the older houses. Man they were simple, but really nice. Great gardens too.
I LOVED the palms, and the banana trees (are they trees, or just called banana plants). They aren't supposed to produce fruit, because it's not the zone that they usually grow in, but believe it or not I saw about three of them that had flowered and had little clusters of bananas on them. Imagine that. I saw a real live baby bananas.
Nobody believed me, so later that night my SIL and I went for a walk. I purposely walked by this one house so I could see if that banana tree had produced and sure enough it had. She was standing there mouth agape in amazement (gee now I can see how silly I looked when I saw them earlier).

Alright, so I'll pass on a couple days. Friday was our last full day and night there. Mr. Dorks cousin has a pool in their yard..so we had all planned a good ol drunk redneck pool party. His cousin's husband grilled hamburgers, while we all sat around drinking beer and watching. We ate, drank some more, ate some more, drank some more...ah well you get it don't ya? Soon enough a couple of the kids made it into the pool...then my MIL just jumped in with all her clothes. Shortly after most of the rest of us made it into the pool.

Shit, I really don't know how long we were in there..but we were having a war. We had a shitload of spongey waterballs and inflatable stuff (nope..no inflatable men or women haha)and we were all just trying to get other people with 'em.

Ah yes yes..you all know the rednecks famous last words right? Well I had gotten out of the pool to have a beer and all of a sudden I hear "Hey y'all watch this shit" then I see a cousin jumping off the shed into the pool. Yup..gotta love my new relatives!

Alright..well that's mainly the whole trip. We left the next morning and stayed in Bowling Green Kentucky, then we made it home the next day. There's this place up in northern KY that's called Florence and I had to snap a picture of their water tower. It says "Florence Y'all". Now that cracked me up.

Perhaps sometime after the weekend I'll get a chance to put some pictures up. If there's one of me please don't be scared. Really, it's not some glowing weird fat alien coming to abduct beach bums...it's just my untanned self standing near the beach.

Try and have a good weekend alright! TGIF!

2 comment(s):

hee I went up to florence every now and again...I knooow that water tower.

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 9:01 a.m.  

that sounds like so much fun..go glad you like your inlaws..that is such a good thing...

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 2:51 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home