/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Part Two

Now I'm onto Sunday.

We get up..do the morning routine of chugging coffee and all that good stuff..by the way my in laws make excellent coffee. I'm having withdrawls now.

So we had to go to k-mart. Stupid me packed all dark colored t shirts (DUH) and no sunscreen. I ain't gonna let myself get burnt to a crisp, so I bought some thin, light colored shirts, and got a bottle of sunscreen.

It was only about an hour or so before the whole family arrived there. We were having a crab boil that day.
So people start showing up..and of course I'm being a complete fuckin nervous nellie. They kept making me even more nervous and self conscious because they kept putting me on the spot (and definitely not in a mean way), they just wanted me to loosen up a little. I did a while later thankfully.

So everyone gets there and they haul out this huge 80 quart pot and set it up on the burner. They had blue crab, corn, sausage, potatoes and shrimp all in that pot by the end. Some of the shrimp even had their heads still on. I thought I was going to be grossed out about that but I wasn't. Actually the shrimps that came out with the heads still on actually tasted better than the headless ones. No I did not eat the friggin heads ok. Hahaha.

We're all sitting around eating good food and then the drinking starts.

What do you get when you've got a redneck family that gets along with booze added to the mix? One good fucking party is what I'll say!
I had so much fun. My husband and his cousins were playing the whole drunk redneck routine and I loved it. Just listening to the shit they were saying was enough entertainment for me.
My mother in law was even into it too. She came out of the house and started yabbering away to all of us and then suddenly she decided she wanted to make an announcement.
She says "Everyone.. I'm so glad my whole family is here with us today. I love having my family around me. Especially my son and his wife. Speaking of his wife, everyone stop by tomorrow to wish her a happy birthday. I won't ask how old she is because we already know that my son is a cradle robber."

OMG! My face was beet red. Not from embarrassment, but because I was laughing so hard. Yeah I'm 18 years younger than him..but we did meet once I was over 18..but it's still hilarious when people give him shit (in a good way) for marrying a younger chick.

So this drinking and laughing went on for a couple more hours. Then everyone had to start getting home. We ended up going with one of his cousins to his place to keep the party going. About 4 or 5 other people showed up.

It wasn't too late by the time we left there, but my sister in law dropped us off in this park that is within walking distance to the house. I wanted to get some sunset pictures, and I wanted them now.

So we walked around the park, I was snapping random pictures of everything..it was a beautiful sunset by the way. Leaving the park I noticed a waffle house. Man I wanted some coffee, and I had the munchies bigtime after drinking and smoking a little. So we stopped in and had some greasy breakfast food. I swear we must have drove them nuts in there. Then I got in touch with my criminal side..OOH I slipped a waffle house coffee mug in my purse. BAD DONNA no biscuit!
Walking back to his moms house I'm all paranoid about stealing the mug, thinking the cops were going to get me and all that. We get back to his moms, I smoke a cigarette then I go in the house and pass out.

Next morning, I get up and suddenly get a little freaked. I can't remember if we did get stopped by the police..or if it was only a dream. I asked Mr. Dork and he laughed so hard...said no, it must have just been a dream. Thank you!

Ahh it was a good weekend...still more to come..just tired of typing again hahah!

4 comment(s):

Do you still have the coffee cup? Redneck parties are so fun!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 10:54 a.m.  

there is such a sense of freedom with rednecks..there is no self consciousness, no hesitation with thoughts, no hidden agenda's..just let 'er rip and have a good time...glad you had one..now you need to go back and get another mug to make it a set..

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 12:53 p.m.  

Oh yes Babs...still got the cup. Hey I need a memento from my criminal escapade.

jackiesue...so true! Around rednecks or just down to earth people you can just be yourself fully and completely and not be self conscious about it.

By Blogger Donna, at 10:04 p.m.  

I agree with you totally about rednecks. I love 'em...what they are thinking is what they are saying, for the most part.

Hmmm you need to visit a few more waffly houses...you could put a little stamp on them like where you stole them from.

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 7:33 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home