/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Snap Crackle Pop

Happy 4th of July everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday so far.

The fireworks for my town were last night. I dragged Mr. Dork with me. He hates the piddly little fireworks display they put on here..he whined because he didn't wanna go... So I simply said "Well my dear, I don't like getting up at 6A.M. to wake you up and make your lunch..but I do it because it makes you happy". SNAGGED..heh, well I did have a valid point so he took me to see the fireworks.

I left my camera in the truck otherwise I'd have posted a couple pics, and the video of the grand finale. I just wish that damned thing would record sound. I'm going to another fireworks display tonight with my in laws. I let Mr Dork off the hook this time because he has to work tomorrow.

Just before the fireworks last night I could see lightning off in the distance all around us. It was pretty schnazzy for sure. When we got home we got the chairs out of the truck and sat on the deck enjoying a few cold beers, and watched the storm roll in. It was AMAZING. Every single time lightning was about to strike I could feel a charge in the air, and sorta hear this crackly/flickering noise. I swear the sky never went back to black once.. the lightning was non stop all around us. I just laid on the couch watching through the windows. I loves me some thunder and lightning.

7 comment(s):

I luv me some lightening storms!
Agent Doo, green turds?? WTF??

By Blogger Cassandra, at 1:32 p.m.  

Hubby was so sweet to take you even though he didn't want to go. He sounds like a keeper. . .

That storm got pretty intense here too. It knocked over my grill and made a pretty nasty mess of the patio. Oh well. . .

By Blogger Lauren, at 3:45 p.m.  

heh a very valid point you said well.

;)

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 10:49 p.m.  

Sounds like a party, babe! Glad you had fun.

CP

By Blogger CP, at 6:09 p.m.  

our little town had a really nice fireworks display and our first 4th of july celebration..it was a smash hit..sorry havent been around since now..my stat counter showed you hadnt posted..that thing sucks...half the time it works half the time it doesnt..

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 5:16 a.m.  

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 p.m.  

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home