/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Thursday, June 29, 2006

I love root beer

Ok, well not that the title of this post has anything to do with it at all..but yes I just love root beer!

My vonage isn't working again. Hasn't been for the last couple days. This always seems to happen near the end of the month. I wonder if it has something to do with bandwidth usage?? Anyone know? So I had to unplug the adapter and just go back to using the internet as my sole means of communication..GAK!

What else is GAK is the lack of half decent jobs in my hometown. Oh yeah, lots of decent jobs that I'm qualified for either north of south of where I'll be, but I don't have my own vehicle. Maybe I'll go pester the old boss at the gas station...maybe he'll take pity on my poor ass and fit me onto the schedule. Heaven forbid I get desperate enough to work at Tim Hortons again...aye aye aye that place was a real piece of work.

I wanted to find some decent pictures where I'll be living so you all can see how beautiful it is up there. Even during the winter...it looks like a magic winter wonderland after a fresh snow. I actually missed the snow this winter. Here in this part of Ohio we only get a couple inches of snow at a time, and it's not big fluffy thick snow like back home.

Ah I just can't stop thinking...in less than a week I'll be able to wake up, drink coffee, and walk down to the lake for a swim. Oh how I've missed that.

But now lets get onto a bit of a funny little story.

I was talking to one of my sisters on the phone the other day. I got to talking about our dad, and how much I can't wait to see him, to give him a big hug, and that me, of all people actually admit to missin the cranky ol fucker.
It was only this past year and a half that I realized that even though he was a cranky ol bastard, he did ANYTHING he could to help us girls out. No matter what. Any one of us could have had money problems, car problems, spouse problems or even criminal problems (though not me I seem to be the only good one in the family HAHA), he would be the first one right there to help us out, no matter what!
Only now after all this time can I honestly say that I have HUGE respect for him. Hell to put up with me for 22 years he had to have been a strong person.

So ok back to my story. While talking to V I told her how I felt so bad for treating Dad like a piece of shit, and hating him for really no reason at all..just my own stubbornness and sense of pride (which I got from him). I started crying, then she started crying, which in turn made my mother and other sister start crying. Well once I heard all those crazy bitches crying, I started doing that stupid half cry/laugh, which started all them on it too.

And I wonder why I'm so weird at times. Yeah my family is fucked up in some ways but they're good people, and I love 'em!!

4 comment(s):

you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose...you can pick your friends nose..but you cant pick your relatives..which is why we must love them and hold them dear no matte how fucked up they are..ha besides ..who else but family would put up with our bullshit..

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 12:58 p.m.  

mmmm...root beer.

By Blogger Robin, at 1:27 p.m.  

Damn good looking redneck men!! hehehe
We can still drool over them...

By Blogger Cassandra, at 4:29 p.m.  

Two Monks walk into a bar and order a whiskey sour and boilermaker. The bartender says. . . .

Happy OTT!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 11:17 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home