/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Trip: Part One

So, I posted yesterday and never went into any details of our little trip to Florida.
Lets just say that it was fun...but I didn't get to spend as much time at the beach as I had wanted.

Seems that people who have lived there for a very long time, or grew up there don't really want to go to the beaches...huh? WTF. I'd be there every damned day if I lived there. Guess it has to do with the beaches being dirtier than years ago..and all the damned tourists (ok the tourists would bug me, so I can't blame the locals for that).

But all that aside..I did have a great time.

The first day on the road was good. Traffic was light, it wasn't hot..just a perfect day for travelling. We ended up stopping in Bowling Green, Kentucky...where we first met seven years ago.
We stayed in the same hotel, ate at the same diner and let me tell you...the king size bed in our room was LOVELY!
No we didn't get down n dirty that night..he was too tired..but I sure as hell did have fun trotting from one side of the room over to the bed..and then jumping onto the corner and ACTUALLY scuttling across this huge bed like a friggin crab... Yeah small silly things amuse me greatly.

Second day we get up and he's all impatient wanting to get back on the road. So we hurry up, drag all our stuff back out to the truck..go fill up the gas tank, get me my precious coffee and then we were off.
Wasn't a bad ride at all...still not what I'd call hot...until we got to Alabama. Holy shit! I am never again going to drive down south in a vehicle that has no air conditioning! Even going 80 mph the wind coming in through the open windows couldn't keep us a little cool. We felt like our backs were totally stuck to the seats with sweat.
I was actually pretty calm until we got past Montgomery...but by then I just wanted to be at my destination already. Hey, I couldn't do anything to get us there faster so I sat and fidgeted and drove myself nuts with my inner thoughts "Hey are we there yet?"

We got to my MIL's house by about 5:30 and had time to shower and relax before dinner. Man I was so nervous. I had only seen my mother in law the week we got married, and met only one of his sisters that lived down there. I had the whole rest of the family to meet. I don't do well around big crowds of people that I hardly know, or don't know at all. I seem to go right off into lala land at times like that.
Thankfully I didn't have to meet everyone that night.

So we got dinner over and done with, and just sat around talking. Mr Dork, his sister, and I went outside to enjoy a nightly doob. I was sitting there and all of a sudden this racket came up from across the street. It sounded like a bunch of mutant ducks having a war. Turns out they were fucking frogs (well, they weren't fucking)....how can frogs make that much damned noise? I was enthralled. I'd never heard anything like that at all. It was so cool.

The next day when we got up, the SIL already had the coffee ready, and outside looked so inviting. I grabbed a cup of coffee and went outside to enjoy my coffee and cigarette.
We planned on going out to Pensacola Beach today to see the Blue Angels fly.
That was just too cool for words.

The beach was gorgeous. I could have just spent the whole day there. Mr. Dork hates the heat so he whined and cried until I was ready to leave. I think he wanted to just leave me there and take off.. the bastard. Hahahaha!

I really don't feel like putting the whole trip in one post. It's a lot of much the same as we had done so far. Wake up, drink coffee, maybe eat something then sit and read outside...or go driving so he can show me around. We did a few other interesting things, but I'll go into that later on.

Hope any of you reading this has a good day...or try to.

2 comment(s):

No a/c??? Ick!!! I think its good that little things amuse you. I haven't been to the beach in years. One less tourist for the locals!!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 10:23 a.m.  

Well at least you didn't say it aloud..."arewethereyet....arewethereyet".

I like how you can get the different "smells" as well as the different noises. Always loved the smell of salt-water.

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 5:03 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home