/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Why...

Do people cheat? I mean I understand how someone can get to that point where they want to cheat on their significant others, but how can you go about keeping it a secret...sort of leading a double life so to speak?

I'm just curious about this because of a friend (the one I'll call crackhead). She says she loves her boyfriend and wants to be with him forever (even though he treats her like shit). But the thing that gets me is she'll be out partying and have sex with another person..or carry on a light relationship on the side. How can she do this? Why doesn't she just dump the boyfriend. Seeing as even though she talks a bunch about loving him and such, she has admitted that she only stays with him because she hates being alone. WELL DUH. Don't we all?

I hate being alone. I hated not having someone in my life. On the other hand I LOVED my freedom. I could come and go as I wanted, when I wanted without having to run it by someone or let them know. I could spend as much money I wanted on MYSELF. I could go out drinkin with friends and have a completely hot hookup without the guilt and shame. Just do my own thing.

If there ever came a time that I felt feelings for someone else, and those feelings compelled me to the point of wanting to make it physical I think the least I could do was break up with my husband.

Now as far as couples go. I just love it how they'll act all high and mighty and deny that they're cheating. They'll deny it until they're blue in the face. Then you find out that they are either just out having random fucks with strangers, or they've got a hot and heavy relationship going on the side.

How can you come home, look your spouse in the eye and still keep doing this shit? Why not leave your spouse to begin with if you're not happy, or not completely satisfied? Is it money? Are you too afraid to go out and work a little harder, or sacrifice a few things to have the money to support yourself on your own...what is it?

What makes you stay in that relationship that you're obviously unhappy with and need your little rendevous?

Please comment on this..it's just out of my own curiousity, and anyone who comments either nicely, or badly will be given fair game at discussion.

8 comment(s):

i never understood people that chippied...and i would never stay with someone just so i wouldnt be alone...i mean at the end of that...how did it work out for ya? i like living alone..but then my track record with men is not exactly stellar so being alone is good for me..but chipping? dont get it. at all...

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 3:08 p.m.  

Exactly..I just don't understand it one bit. I can't condemn people for cheatin, unless it was my own husband or myself. I just wish I could get into others heads to see what they think.

By Blogger Donna, at 4:22 p.m.  

Simple, they want the security of a wife/husband at home and the freedom of a fling on the side.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:37 p.m.  

All I can think is yer crackhead friend will be one lonely shell of a person later in life. Ouff I couldn't stand all the drama and hassle.

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 7:39 p.m.  

There's the "high" of doing something wrong... it's like sneaking out... there's that thrill about doing something forbidden, of possibly getting caught... for some people. I'm not saying it's the only reason, or a good one, but that's one.

By Blogger SupComTabz, at 8:18 p.m.  

Here via BOTB. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 p.m.  

Yeah...good points eh. I just wonder how someone can lead that double life so to speak. I'd find it so hard. I'd always be thinking "OMG what if he knows" and be freaking out about everything I said or did, thinking he'd be able to tell.

By Blogger Donna, at 6:22 a.m.  

I've got too many strange eyes reading my blog. So, the name may change from time to time. See if some of them go away.
The chicken noodle soup is yummy!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 3:15 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home