/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Friday, December 15, 2006

Guess who got the weekend off?

ME!
Yup, you did read that correctly. I actually have the weekend off, and I checked the schedule and I've even got next weekend off. Yippee!
When I was hired, I was told that I would get every second weekend off, which is fine by me. I make decent tips during the weekend shifts. For the last 5-6 weeks I've been booked on for the weekends, and I haven't had much of a chance to hang out with some friends and relatives that I can only see during weekends, so I bitched and whined to the manager in charge of scheduling, and it worked.

I'm going to have to do something about my sleeping situation. I haven't been able to sleep all that well for the last month and a half. I think I'm going to block out my bedroom windows with cardboard so it's dark in here. If that doesn't work..I might have to go the sleeping pill route. I doubt the cardboard over my windows will work, because I don't have many troubles getting to sleep..but it's staying asleep that I need. I'm completely plagued by weird ass dreams that wake me up every half hour or so, and I'm starting to get burnt out.
I love my overnight shifts, because it's not super busy with customers and I really don't think that they would switch me to days, or afternoons unless they found someone to take over my night shifts. But WTF eh, I need to be able to sleep or else I'll end up in the fuckin nuthouse.

So work and sleep aside, how is everyone doing? Are you all ready for Christmas yet, or are you one of those last minute shoppers? I'm pretty well done with the gift buying, just need to get a couple more things for my parents. I hate to be a downer, but today it has been two years since Grandpa died and Christmas just isn't the same without him. He was the most awesome man ever. He was totally into Christmas. He had to be the one to put the lights on the tree every year, and omg if you didn't wait for him to do it he'd cause all kinds of hell.
Grandpa we love you, and know that if there is a heaven, you're there and you're looking down on us thinking "Hey you fat bastards, don't eat all the turkey next week". :)

3 comment(s):

I hear ya on the sleep thing!! I haven't had a good night's in weeks. Just too stressed out I guess.

When I was driving truck, I used to sleep on an air matress in the walk-in closet if I was home during the day. It was pitch black in there and very quiet.

You shouldn't have to bitch and whine to get the agreement you were given up front. Don't let them walk on you, there are other jobs out there.

I'm doing OK, but I'm getting really burned out. Too many 60 hr. weeks the last two months. My 10 day holiday break is gonna feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. . . .

Hope you get some rest soon and a really nice suprise for your Christmas. . . May he be tall, dark and handsome. . . LOL!!!

Love ya Sweetie!!!

HUGGSS!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 8:52 p.m.  

Gawd girl! You need a few more days off! I hate 3rd shift. It always screwed me up.

Hope you have a wonderful restfull Christmas!

By Blogger Donna, at 9:01 p.m.  

I used to do rotating shift work with the club. You'd just get used to the day shift and getting up before dawn cracked its arse when you'd have to then get used to going to bed after dawn cracked its arse. Whatever way you go with, you definitely need to get that sleep.

Heh now that's my kinda GranPa.

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 8:36 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home