/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lets play dress up.

When one goes to a Christmas Party, it is assumed that people will dress up for this Christmas party. Am I correct?
Well apparently dressing up to go to Christmas parties is a thing of the past, well from what I saw last night that's how it seems.
Last night was my work Christmas party. I had a friend do my hair, I dressed in a nice beautiful sweater, nice black pants, oh I even wore heels.. imagine that. I was excited, I looked good, and I felt even better. It was going to be a good night. Well, I got there and immediately noticed that only three or four of us had dressed up. We all felt so overdressed, because everyone else came wearing street clothes. Just jeans, t shirts and their every day shoes. Ugh.

I was disgusted to be honest, I mean jeans are ok, but really guys, is it really all that hard to wear a pair of clean decent looking jeans, and a nice top whether it's a nice sweater, or a button down shirt, and for God's sake please don't wear your crap covered work boots or shoes. Casual is always good, but not too casual dammit!

I've got to work tonight, so I need some sleep. I woke up this morning hungover, looking like I had quite the fright. Now I'm rehydrated, and looking and feeling a lot better. The shitty thing? My cold that has been slowly creeping up on me is now doing it's dirty work. My sinuses are going bonkers, which is making me bonkers. It will make for a lovely night at work. Heh, maybe I'll hock a loogie in some random assholes coffee. That should be good for some entertainment. Peace!

4 comment(s):

If you go out to a holiday party I'd probably assume to dress nicely.

By Blogger Robin, at 12:51 p.m.  

Damn.. for all that work hope they gave you free food and drinks!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 3:59 p.m.  

I can't beleive what some people think is acceptable attire for their daily wardrobe, let alone a special occassion. We have a "business casual" dress code, which to some means; Whatever wrinkled mess was the least stinky in the pile." These are people with positions of authority!!

Hope you have a great Holiday Sweetie!!

HUGGSS!! to you, Marc and Booboo

By Blogger Lauren, at 9:15 p.m.  

Enjoyed the blog - eugenio san tenerife. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home