/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday Mumblings! Hello!

Wow, I've been without access to the internet for a whole week and it really didn't bother me one bit. Am I getting sick, coming down with some horrible disease that makes me not have 'net withdrawls? I'm feeling my forehead to see if I was slightly feverish, but I'm not. Whew!

I'm in Toronto visiting my brother for a few days. Man, did I ever miss this place. He's got an amazing view of the waterfront and all the huge buildings that makes Toronto's skyline so beautiful. I love sitting out on the balcony at night. If I wasn't such a country hick at heart I'd move back here in a second.

This has been an interesting weekend for sure. One of my sisters bought a new house, and she hosted a housewarming party on Saturday. This was just a perfect reason for all of our family to get drunk, be retarded assholes, and have lots of fights. Yikes!
It was fun for most of it. We had the tunes going, eating good food, drinking good Canadian beer, oh and there was a hot tub just dying to be used. I really don't know how the hell we were all able to fit in that thing.
See, I say it was mostly fun..that is until the next morning. I awoke to absolute fucking chaos. Everyone that was awake were screaming at the top of their lungs to wake us up. Dad pissed the bed (oh gawd that shit again?). My sister Val had drank most of another sisters bottle of whiskey, and they were being absolute bitches. Another of my sisters had missed her appointment for cable hookup so there she was sitting on the floor bawling like a baby, then she misplaced her fucking cup of coffee and she bawled even more.

Aye aye aye...know what my solution was? Considering I was hungover with a pounding headache I grabbed the bottle of whiskey those two sisters were fighting over and I chugged it down straight. I figured holy fuckin hell, if I can't beat 'em, join 'em.

We left my sisters place and I was dropped off here downtown, and then forgot which apartment my brother lived in. I got in the elevator and pressed the fucking parking garage 2 button..then I was like DUH 12th floor dummy, so up I went. I get out of the elevator and reading the numbers on the doors and I finally come to his door. I'm standing there knocking away, and nobody is answering the door. For some reason the number thirteen is nagging at me from the back of my mind. I go to the next door (it has a 13 on it) and sure enough that was the correct place.

We sat on the balcony and had a cocktail, then went for a late lunch. He wanted sushi, but I was all eww gross. He said I could get other stuff there so I got shrimp teriyaki. Hey I used chopsticks for the first time in my life and I actually did it properly. Oh man the food was so good. I even tried some of his sushi..some was good, but the other stuff was just a little too weird for my tastes. Y'know...having some little tentacle thingies staring you down while you eat isn't all that appetizing.
We came back here and I needed a nap very badly, when I woke up my brothers husband was back from visiting his family. We headed off to the grocery store, rented a movie, made dinner and just relaxed. By the way, the movie Friends with Money sucks ass so hard it loses it's pucker. Maybe it was just my mood, but the characters were just pissing me off so I went to bed.

Who knows what today will bring. I'm the only one awake, and it looks like it's going to be a decent day weather wise. I'm dying to go do the museum and art gallery thing. Being stuck out in the cornfields with rednecks for a year and a half makes Donna a bored and unhappy girl. Being back home where I have more going for me makes me feel good.

So uh...wish me luck on the job hunt this week. I hope to find something soon. My dad even has a car for me, it just needs a motor in it which he has already, just needs to find a spot to be able to work on it for me.

Lets hope this week brings much less chaos. Gawd. I love my family..but they sure are crazy motherfuckers!

3 comment(s):

I LOVE Toronto!!! I'd move there in a heartbeat if the right job came along.

I love the clubs and bars on Church St. Go to Zeldas before it gets too cold to sit outside. It's a really cool place. So is Hair of the Dog just down the street. Wish I could remember some of the other places along Church St. we went to last time I was there.

DAMN! I thought my family was strange LOL!! I don't recall anyone pissin' the bed, but I have woken up to 8 AM drunken cat fights. . .

Good luck in the job hunt. Hope you find something you like.

Have a Molson for me!!

HUGGSS!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 9:22 p.m.  

Sounds like when this guy I dated from Ireland's family would come into town. Booze and Chaos!!

Hey I sent you an email did you get it? If not email me

betty [at] omfgitsredbetty [dot]com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 p.m.  

Wow. Sounds like a great time! :D Enjoy!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home