/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Phone Call

First let me get into a bit of background here. Am and I have been friends since age 14. I mean we were best friends, partners in crime...you know how it goes. Well about 4 years ago we started to drift apart. Life does that to people.

I hadn't seen her for about 2 years..then the hub came up to Canada to visit me. We were driving along one of the main roads in my town and I saw this girl walking that looked just like Am. So we turned around and drove by so I could get a better look, and sure enough it was her. I guess her and the fiance bought a house and lived close by, so she invited us over for a coffee.
Six months or more after that we talked on the phone..she told me her good news, that she's pregnant..cool!

It was maybe another 6 months that we met up to go for a coffee and chit chat. That was the last time we saw each other, or spoke to one another.

It was just after the new year of 2005, that I moved down here to Ohio. I never called her to tell her, then when the hub and I got married I never called to tell Am the good news (or bad news HAHAHA)

Let me just say that I was being a pure chicken shit. I never called her because I was afraid she'd bitch me out and hang up on me. But last night I got some liquid courage, and was sitting here..all of a sudden, for no reason I remembered her phone number.

I dialed the number.. and after a few rings she picks up. I swear I was trembling..yeah so what. At least I admit to being a chicken shit at times. :)

So we talked for a while, she wasn't mad at me. We both agreed that life gets in the way. She told me all about her job (gosh i can't believe she's STILL working there), her daughter, who she says is very independant and keeps to herself...hey that's a bonus for Am, because her stress level hasn't hit the roof...haha. Her and dude aren't married yet..but that will be coming. Then we just chatted about the silly shit we used to get into, and I swear I have not laughed that hard in such a long time.
It was so good to talk to her again. Honestly I felt like a big POS because I never called her until now, but thankfully my stress about that is over and done with.

2 comment(s):

so cool you are back in touch..friends are such a staple in our lives...u need your buds...

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 11:12 p.m.  

Very cool that y'all got back in touch!!
Ya, bathtub laundry is a pain in the ass, but once I get caught up it shouldn't be so bad. That's the part that is sucking big time now.

By Blogger Cassandra, at 12:15 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home