/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Melting Chicken Butts

Hey Y'all, remember me? Yeah I'm the poor luck girl who is now melting for lack of a working air conditioner!

Man this sucks ass bigtime. I keep escaping outside because it is actually much cooler out there, than in here.
Whenever I've been in here I've had a big fan pointed directly at me, and on high, but it's still not really doing much.

There was one fun thing about today. Playing with a dead baby chickens arse. Ack, ok that sounded awful but it's true. I wanted to cook a couple cornish hens for dinner last night, but I didn't get around to getting them prepared and in the oven..so we just went and grabbed a bite to eat somewhere.
So this morning I wanted to cook them up (hey I refuse to let thawed out meat sit in the fridge for more than a day). I took them out of the fridge, unwrapped them and OMG! Funny lookin little fuckin things. Yeah this was my first time ever cooking anything whole like that. It's always only ever been chicken breasts, legs, thighs...you know.

I turn on the water to rinse them and my finger touched this awful soft, gooey, plasticy thing and I looked, and it looked like a bunch of guts and stuff. I shrieked and dropped the damned thing right into the sink and ran out of the kitchen like a big sissy. I was gagging, and totally acting like a wimp.
After composing myself I walked back to the sink and picked it up. Fuckin hell. I'm such a retard. I guess it was just the neck and stuff in a vaccum sealed baggie. Ok, I can deal with that...yank 'em out and toss 'em (fuck that..I am not cooking that nasty mess..). I get them rinsed, all seasoned up in the pan and put them in the oven.

So, they're all cooked up great...not dry or overcooked and really juicy and tasty (yeah I snagged a leg off one). Thanks KentuckyGurl for giving me some info about cooking these lil buggers.

4 comment(s):

OH girl!!! You simmer the neck and giblets in 1 cup chicken broth for 40 minutes, chop them up (toss the neck after it's cooked) thicken with flour and water and make giblet gravy!! YUMMY stuff!!

Sorry to hear the AC is out, but at least it's cooler than it was two weeks ago!

By Blogger Lauren, at 5:09 p.m.  

Eww, No Lauren! I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to cookin up the neck and all that. It has always grossed me out.

And HELL YEAH to the weather being cooler. I guess that is something I can be thankful about. None of that heat index of 110.

By Blogger Donna, at 5:15 p.m.  

yea lauren...giblet gravy..yes...

dorky you goof...you just stick your hand up that cornish hens ass and jerk its innards out...wait till you do a turkey...it's easy peasy and there are guts in the cavity and up the butt.so dont forget...next time you fix cornish hens make wild rice with it...soooo good.

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 5:16 p.m.  

I've done turkey, but not cornish hens. I have boiled the inards for the cats before, but usually I just toss it too. I'm grossed out by the stuff.
You poor thing without the a/c!!!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 9:57 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home