/*Butterflies Are Free - By Elyse Author URL: www.estudiodesigns.com*/

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Turtle stuff

Remember yesterday when I was bitching about cleaning the turtle tank? Well the overall condition of the tank sucks.
Last night when Mr. Dork got home, I told him I needed to go to Pet Supplies Plus or one of the other stores, to get one of those gravel vacs to get all the shitty nasty water out of the tank. So off we went, and well we never got out of there in less than an hour. Heh, yeah there were so many things I saw that I could get.
I ended up getting a new tank (ok I really had no clue they were that inexpensive), new pump, new gravel, some various little things put in there so he could get up out of the water. I also got what I originally went there for, a gravel vac.

So today I'm going to make sure the new tank doesn't leak, then I'll get it all set up for Mr Turtley Butt (Yes, I do call him that so STFU). He'll be so happy with his new tank.

The old tank is just nasty. I'm going to try to salvage it though. It's got this nasty buildup on the inside of the glass. Looks almost like calcium buildup or something, and I need to see if I can find a cleaning solution that will get it off without me scratching the hell out of the glass.

Like I said, my in laws never really took all that good care of him. He's got this awful algae literally ATTACHED to his shell, and I don't know if that's natural, or if there is something to get rid of it. I just have no clue, so I guess I'll be doing some research on that. I just feel so bad when I look at him in that tank. I never thought I'd grow to like a damned turtle so much, but he's quite cool. I really do think he's got a bit of an attitude. I walk over to the tank to look at him and he opens his mouth up wide all threatening like, and I reach in and grab him and he turns into a big wuss! Hehehe!

Maybe when I get the new tank set up and all that I'll finally get a picture of the little fucker. Now I've got the aquarium craze and I want to go out and get more turtles, and some fish and all that. Yes we do have plans of starting up a new tank with fish and this time I promise I won't forget to feed them and let them die (OOPS). Yes I did cry, so who's the wuss now?

3 comment(s):

get that poor turtle a mate...he or she is probably very lonely and damn horny..

By Blogger yellowdoggranny, at 9:13 a.m.  

I think the turtle will be most pleased with his new home.

RYC... you're sick and twisted! I like that in a person!

By Blogger Cassandra, at 2:36 p.m.  

the LFB has a turtle, he loves that turtle. says it's a real busy body watching what everyone in the house is doing. turtles are cool.

By Blogger apositivepessimist, at 6:03 p.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home